IntroductionThe Hauptbahnhof (main station) lies to the east of Hamburg’s center and is the primary point of entry for rail passengers. There are three other major overland stations which are also used however; Dammtor, Altona and Hamburg-Harburg. Depending on your final destination within the city, these may provide you with easier access, all lying reasonably close to the center.
The Hauptbahnhof is the central point for underground services, bus connections and the main airport-bus link and is within walking distance of all city-center attractions. There are also shops, information points and cafes in the main concourse as well as the primary travel center which is one of the most comprehensive we have come across!
Major Rail Stations in Hamburg
- Hamburg Hauptbahnhof
- Hamburg Altona Train Station
- Hamburg Harburg Train Station
- Hamburg Dammtor Train Station
- Poppenbüttel S-Bahn Station
- Wellingsbüttel S-Bahn Station
- Klein Borstel S Bahn Station
- Barmbek S Bahn Station
- Jungfernstieg U Bahn Station
- Messehallen U Bahn Station